August 1, 2011

Just a Few of My Favorite Things!

Surfing the net can be dangerous sometimes, especially if you are shopper like me. You run across the best finds and things that you just can't live without. The hubby and I have been in the home redecorating mode and of course, we don't always agree on a certain couch, table or lighting element. But that's okay, I can still shop and decorate the way I want, with what I want, on my blog. And I was about due for a posting anyway so I hope you don't mind that I chose to share my surfing/shopping loves with you. Let's start with my fave, chandeliers.  

Chandeliers are all the rage now. You can add a touch of bling to any room with a chandelier. I especially love when they are placed over a bathtub in a master suite. Talk about glamourous. You can put them any where you want; after all, it's your space and you can do what you want with it. I can just imagine this "retro glamour" fixture in my home office, right over the sitting area. Granted, it's not pink but I like it anyway.

In an effort to be fair and reasonable, I have included another choice for my office chandelier that I think my hubby would be more open too. It has the opulence that he loves, plus the graceful elegance that I love. I think this is one we can agree on. The chandelier is from the John-Richard Collection and you can find it here. I just love the scroll work on this piece. I think it has great blend of the past with a modern flair.

 

Next, I found some great seating for the bedroom that is useful as well as pretty. Check out this oversized ottoman that really does double duty. You can store 8 pairs of shoes in the attached shoe pockets and you even have open space in the middle to store additional shoes or handbags. You can find these ottomans from Lilly Pulitzer Home here.


And how about a little bling for your work area and for those every day work items. A jeweled wireless mouse and a jeweled USB drive. With bling like this, I can almost predict that a lot of work would get done.  You can find these and other great desk accessories here.  


My birthday is coming up soon and if anyone needs a hint of a gift I could get excited about, any of these will do just nicely. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I just love this article after reading this it gave me some decorating ideas for one of my rooms. I'm in love with those chandeliers. :)

    ReplyDelete