|Photo Courtesy: Martha Stewart Pets|
You have your heart set on little Fifi walking down the aisle as your flower "girl". You have picked out a wreath for her to wear and you are even toying with a dress to match the wedding theme and colors.
This is not a shocking idea considering the popularity of pets being included as part of the wedding party. This popularity is evidenced by the availability of decorated dog leashes, doggie bow ties, wreaths, or ring pillows that Fido can wear.
Before making the overall decision about including your pet, there are a few details you should consider.
|Photo Credit: People.com|
- First and foremost, make sure your venue site allows pets at the venue and make sure they approve everything you have planned for your pet.
- Second, make sure your pet is prepared and can handle all of the excitement surrounding your wedding. Too many people, unusual noise, and flashes from photography can upset your pet and cause him or her to behave in an unusual or aggressive manner. Be prepared for a quick exit or plan "b," just in case your pet can't perform as expected.
- Third, create a plan to handle liability issues just in case your pet injures someone or damages some property at the venue.
- Make sure your pet is properly bathed and groomed for the big day. Canine cologne is not the scent you want your guests to remember. Don't forget paper towels, plastic bags food and a water bowl.
- And last, have a designated person (not you) assigned to handle and care for your pet. It should be someone that your pet is familiar with and someone that will not be upset about missing any of the festivities, in response to caring for your pet.
Stay tuned for more trendy wedding and event planning ideas.
Event & Wedding Planner
Alpha Prosperity Events
Greater Houston ~ Missouri City ~ New Orleans