June 7, 2011

Travel Planning

I am so excited because I am planning another travel adventure. Nothing as exotic as my recent Caribbean cruise but a travel adventure none the less. We have a family wedding coming up in April 2012 and the wedding is in Alexandria, VA. Now I will be traveling from Houston and the rest of the family will be traveling from New Orleans. So this will be quite an expense for a lot of us, not only getting there but hotel lodging and food as well.
As much as I like to travel, I will never go into debt doing it. I am saver when it comes to stuff I really want and travel is very high on my list of wants. Therefore, I have to save for this trip and realize with 10 months to discipline myself to save, I should have a nice little stash to not only get me to the wedding but to also enjoy some sites and adventures while I am there. I am going to start the 1st of June and save with a "gazelle like intensity" - for all you Dave Ramsey fans out there.
If you are planning a trip, say a honeymoon perhaps, make some decisions about the planning process. Don't approach it with a carefree, no thought concept because this approach will only bring disappointment; if not on the trip itself then for certain when you get the credit card bills or look at your bank statement and you realize that you spent money you should not have spent.


 
Event & Wedding Planner  
Alpha Prosperity Events  
Greater Houston ~ Missouri City ~ New Orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment