April 29, 2010

Encore Brides Celebrating Their Day, Their Way


As a wedding coordinator, I get lots of etiquette questions from my friends and colleagues about encore or second weddings or wedding celebrations for mature brides. I do enjoy assisting them with these questions because (1) I am an experienced wedding coordinator with lots of knowledge on the subject of wedding planning and (2) I can speak to this particular group of brides, because I too "have been there and done that," so to speak. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 8 years now and yes, it was my second wedding. (I like to think that I got it right this time.) And, when I married for the second time, I was in the 30 years of age and up crowd. Therefore, I do consider myself an experienced authority on the subject at hand.

Planning a wedding for the mature or encore bride is so enjoyable. It is apparent, from early in the planning stages, that these soon to-be-brides are choosing to truly enjoy the moment. The moment of being in love, the moment of finding their soul mate, the moment of being engaged, etc. These are the moments to remember and treasure, and because they may have had a certain type of wedding before, they now want to do things completely different than the first time. Or for those more experienced, mature brides, the "20 Something Wedding" just won't do.

These brides are choosing more intimate celebrations, and they are choosing to make their resources count. Our mature or encore bride is usually more organized and she will have definite ideas about what she wants and what she doesn't want. Because she may be time challanged due to a career, family or both, she will make good use of resources, information and recommendations.

Alpha Prosperity Events specializes in the "Encore Bride."  We take the time to cater to these busy professionals, making sure that the time spent planning their wedding is used resourcefully. We assure our encore brides that the event is about them as a couple and as a family, "because this time, it's different."


No comments:

Post a Comment