February 8, 2010

Baby Shower - Blossoming in Springtime

Keeping in sync with my recent post on planning a baby shower, I wanted to share some ideas and themes of my own. I recently had the pleasure of planning a fun baby shower for a client that was expecting twins. The twins arrival was expected around springtime so she wanted a springtime theme, and the colors had to be yellow, lime green and gray. I had a lot of fun putting this together even with a very minimal budget. Small budgets don't have to be restricting if you just use a little imagination and don't box yourself into using traditional baby shower items and decor.

We decided to use "springtime like" items such as baskets of spring flowers, garden stepping stones, butterflies and birds with baby birds nests. Balloons were a given because they always add a festive flavor to small showers and parties.

My first inspiration for the springtime theme came from the idea of bird nests with baby bird eggs. I was able to find some grapevine wreaths to help create the bird nests. It was a very cost effective option. Hobby Lobby carried them in a bunch of six. Candy coated almonds were a great filler for the bird eggs.

Instead of doing a guest sign-in book, we did individual blessing cards, where guests were able to write something more heartfelt to the mom-to-be. I created the blessing cards myself so they were personalized for my client, for the occasion.


There were the usual baby shower games to include the famous "baby shower bingo." When finding great prizes for your games, consider home spa items like lotions, bath gels or jewelry. I got all of the gift or prize items from my wonderful rep at Avon. You get some very nice gifts and you support some of the many fund raising causes that Avon helps support. A huge thank you goes out to my Avon rep, Pam Zackory for her wonderful support. There was food, fellowship and fun and a great time was had by all.


Event & Wedding Planner
Alpha Prosperity Events
Southwest Houston ~ Richmond/Rosenberg ~ New Orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment