September 8, 2009

Congrats to My Parents on 55 Years of Marriage

Lynwood & Dolores
Another Relationship Standing the Test of Time!

Wanted to say congratulations to my parents as they celebrated their 55th Wedding Anniversary, this past week. Five years ago, we coordinated a traditional ceremony for them, where they renewed their vows and celebrated with family and friends. I am just so happy that they were blessed to be able to celebrate another five years with each other.

My parents are truly my inspiration. They have such patience with each other and they truly have fun with each other. My father kisses my mother good night, every night and he kisses her when he leaves or when he comes home. It seems trivial at first until you realize the stability and love that comes with that kiss. I enjoy watching my parents together, especially how they dote on each other without trying to show it. After 55 years it just comes naturally to them and I thank God for that. It is something I look forward to with my husband. Thanks Mom and Dad for showing me what a real relationship looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment