April 28, 2009

Setting Goals for Your Business


A few weeks ago, I did a blog about Setting Goals as a Couple and realized that some of those same ideas could be applied to operating my business, Alpha Prosperity Management. Now mind you, I have been trying to grow this business for awhile now, trying to get it to a place where I could ultimately retire from the corporate world and focus solely on this business. While doing my daily search for business enlightenment, I lucked up on the blog Aspire to Plan by Wendy Harvey Robinson. It was very enlightening and I thank her for taking the time to share her knowledge. Well, after reading some of her blog it got me to thinking about my own business and about setting goals for myself to help my business become more successful. Maybe asking some of these questions will help you and your business as well.

Some key questions I believe that are important to ask are "Do I have a business plan?" and if I do, "Do I know where my business plan is?" Is it on paper or is it in my head? "What is my marketing plan and do I have a budget to support it?" Where would I like my business to be in five years? I thought I had this all figured out but I keep going back to my plan to rewrite a paragraph or two.

Where will all this lead me, hopefully to a place of tremendous success. I'll keep reading and asking those necessary questions. Is it worth the time and effort? Of course. No pain, no gain right?

No comments:

Post a Comment