April 22, 2011

NACE - Houston Wedding Trends 2011

We attended the NACE - Houston Wedding Trends Event and all I can say is "wow." The theme for the event was "First Class Ticket to Trends," and it was truly first class. The cocktail hour was held at the historic Air Terminal Museum, and then all of the guests were "trollied over" to the tarmac and hangar where the big event and festivities were held. The temperature was humid and breezy as only Houston can be, but that only enticed a dress code of destination beach wedding; how fitting.

This great event was an opportunity to open your mind and to think out of the box when planning your wedding or next event. My friends kept saying that I looked as if I was daydreaming most of the evening, and in retrospect, I guess I was. My mind was working overtime, thinking of ways to incorporate some of the amazing ideas that I saw at this event. And did we mention the food - AMAZING. There were food variations and flavor combinations that I never considered, let alone tasted. Houston is full of talented vendors and designers, and it was great to see them all come together to create a destination experience and treat for the eyes and taste buds. Check out a few of my personal photos, to share the experience.
 
 
Chicken draped in Pina Colada flavored Cotton Candy - OMG!

This was a wedding cake suspended from the ceiling, and the streamers had drinking glasses dangling from them



So, are those creative juices flowing for your wedding event yet???!!!! Let's talk about it.

 
Event & Wedding Planner  
Alpha Prosperity Events  
Greater Houston ~ Missouri City ~ New Orleans

1 comment: