June 4, 2009

50th Wedding Anniversary - Meet the Simmons

My aunt and uncle recently celebrated their 50th Wedding anniversary, following the blessed history of my grandparents, and my parents. They renewed their vows during the Sunday morning church service. It was very simple but touching. It always amazes me to see couples get choked up when they renew those vows to each other. It usually means that they have been through some tough times and they have weathered the storm. I am so happy to have such wonderful role models in my life. I got remarried a little late in life so I can only hope to celebrate 50 years of marriage with my wonderful husband. But with 3 couples from 2 generations showing that it can be done, I choose to have faith and work on accomplishing that 50 year mark as well.

Congrats Aunt Shirley & Uncle Joe! I hope you guys get to spend 50 more years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment